Established in 1903, and formerly named Tea Manufacture Experiment Station under the Production Bureau of the Formosa Governor-General’s Office, . In order to develop and promote Taiwan tea, it was reorganized in 1968 as Taiwan Tea Experiment Station and to which were added Wunshan, Yuchih, Taitun and Tunding branches. Meanwhile, it was reorganized in 1999 as Taiwan Tea Experiment Station (TTES), Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan. In 2003, the station had new English name, Tea Research and Extension Station (TRES). It has been involved in many tea cultivars developed in Taiwan.
For information on Taiwan Teas TTES台茶